- This event has passed.
Ashtanga Yoga Workshop with Adam Rumack
September 3, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm$30
ASHTANGA YOGA Workshop with Adam Rumack
advanced fundamentals for sustainable happiness
Sunday, September 3rd ~ 3-5:30pm
Cost $30 Register
This Workshop is included in the cost of the 6 Day Intensive.
yogas chitta vrtti nirodha
The second line of Patanjali’s yoga sutra explains the beginning, middle, and end of yoga, which is the “cessation of movement in the field of our perception.”
So why then the seemingly endless array of styles, fashions, and techniques that we call yoga? How do they bring us any closer to this simplified state or being?
We will explore these questions through the practice and philosophy of ashtanga yoga.
We will look specifically at
- basic practical philosophy of patanjali
- specific techniques of ashtanga vinyasa yoga as learned in the primary series
- common habits and misunderstandings within the movement (asana) practice
- essential practices for decreasing suffering in our daily lives
- your questions and curiosities
If you are new to yoga, you may discover the “big picture” of the why and how yoga is practiced.
If you are already practicing ashtanga vinyasa, you may come to deeper understanding of this unique system and the “advanced” fundamentals beings taught through its techniques.